South of France


So on Monday I came back from the South of France and I had THE best time that I want to do it all over again. I stayed with Becca (right in the picture) and her parents in Farnham where she lives for a couple of days (which was very Pimm-ed fuelled) before we headed to La Mothe, near Rodez.

This is where her Aunt and Uncle live with their four beautiful and talented children in a gorgeous, open French house. I couldn't believe my eyes when I was shown around the house, it was more amazing than I was expecting. 

The house has its own pool and pool house where all the kids (including me) would play and the adults would sit and drink wine (also including me).
The garden, which is open to the public to come and visit and have tea and cake, was full of gorgeous flowers and somewhere to get lost and watch the sun go down. 







The weather was amazing the whole time we were out there and the food was incredible and stuff I would like to re-create now I'm back home. I really do think Becca's Aunt should write a recipe book, I would be the first to buy it!

We ventured off to the near by village, Villeneuve, to get food and have a drink. On Sunday they held a fete there with a brocante, which is there version of a car boot or yard sale. It was amazing with tons of stools that had eye catching pieces (I got an old book of the Paris metro) and collectables. They had dancers and music playing who were incredible and went all the way through until midnight. As me, Becca and her Uncle went back later on after a charity event to find out.





Her Aunt previously had gone to Central Saint Martins to study Textiles so it was nice to have conversations about University, the industry and so on. She makes and sells her own creations in her shop, which included bracelets (I brought one as they were too beautiful to resist), necklaces, cushions, little spoon hooks and much more.




We also spent some time in another village about an hour away called St Cirq Lapopie. There were some amazing views to be seen and the little shops were incredible. Most the things being sold were hand made and some shops even had a work station in the corner. 








Overall, it was an amazing and insightful trip and I love France even more. Thank you to the Wilson family for taking me along with you and making me feel so welcome and as part of the family.



1 comment:

  1. The garden looks amazing! Sounds like you had a fantastic time :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.