New Seasons


February is well and truly underway and the sun has finally made an appearance which can mean a few things. Yes, its the month of Valentines Day with all things being a hue of pink and red, but it also means the fashion weeks are about to commence. As of next week, all eyes will be on New York before hitting is over here in our capital London. Since I was quite young I have followed the shows and tried to look at as many as I can, and since becoming a designer in the industry it is more important than ever that I keep my eyes open to new trends and what designers are creating for us to translate towards the high street market.  My favourite weeks? Why, London and Paris of course.

Elle, Vogue and all other fashion bibles have released their March editions which means getting ready for Spring/Summer 2015. Runway specials are also out in the stores and I just had to pick up a copy of Marie Claire. I was drawn in to the close up images of the fashion shows and featured articles that reveal more about how a the collections were put together. With the sun beginning to shine I cannot wait to hit the shops and buy a summer wardrobe (to go perfectly with a cold Starbucks of course).

It also means its time for all the glamorous awards shows, meaning lots of gorgeous dresses that I could only dream of wearing. I remember as a kid drawing a lot of couture dresses and admiring actress after actress looking very elegant and taking inspiration from that dresses to inspire my own.... Those are now very hidden away.

Lastly, it means Premiere Vision. This time last year I was going to my first event, which sadly won't be repeated this year but reported to me via WGSN at work. One day, I am definitely going back there (hopefully with work or selling my own designs).

With this month being full of exciting fashion moments I will be pinning a lot on my Pinterest. So, why not go and follow me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.