The Comparative Shop #6


Shop these looks 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Every week for the past month or so I have been blogging my favourite five prints from browsing in-store and online which I have really enjoyed. It's made me more aware of what trends are filtering down from the catwalks, more aware of the different styles of high street stores and made me aware of new brands. But now I have decided to change the look of how I present my comparative shop after being inspired my a River Island look book magazine. As you probably guess by reading my blog often I love putting together mood boards and making presentations of my inspirations in neat little layouts.

This week I have been inspired by quite a mixture of prints. The first being this conversational bug print from Urban Outfitters. With its retro feel it is a fun and easy wear, with the softest material and minimalist drape cut. I am also a really big fan of the base fabric colour which is a deep green navy. Who doesn't love a fun conversational print?
Of course, Zara has been a winner with me this week and I have fallen in love with these florals shorts with a flowing cut and high waist. It is a perfect summer wardrobe hit for weekends in the park or a BBQ with friends. The composition of the print and the simplicity of the lines and colours makes it very eye catching and a print I would love to try and replicate in my own style (when I have a spare moment).
Just like Zara, Topshop and H&M have again been two of my favourites this week. I love scarf prints and this Topshop one (3) has such a great free, bohemian feel to it. I love the loose lines, the simple colours and the variety of scale. It has that hand drawn feel that H&M have achieved with their print (4). This v-neck top has an Ikat look to it and is a soft, drape jersey top with a round hem and the ideal partner for shorts this summer. With layers of colour and a structured repeat the contrast lies in the looseness of shapes and elements that have been built up.

I wish I had the time to sit and create my own versions of these prints! I love them all. What was your favourite this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.