Anthropologie | Floral Inspiration


I've always known of Anthropologie but never really looked at their prints for inspiration before until I popped in to Selfridges at the weekend. I was instantly drawn in to their home collection of prints and decided to see what else they did.
Their florals immediately caught my eye as they are so visually beautiful and I just had to put together a mood board for future reference as florals is always a more thing in textiles.
The play on mark making, digital manipulation and placement is interesting and quite different on each garment. The combination of solid areas of pattern to more negative space is partly key to these prints working, alongside the softer and experimental handwriting. All of this gets me very excited to look closely at these in my spare time and experiment with new skills learnt on placement to achieve these kinds of patterns. 

All images taken from Anthropologie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.