Colour Crush #2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

July was a mix of hectic work hours, freelancing and a holiday without my laptop so there was no colour crush. And if I'm a little honest I still loved the Burnt Orange colour that I loved back in June (I'm still raving about it at work).
The month of August for me is all about MARSALA - Pantone Colour of the Year 2015 and featured in their top 10 colours for womens and mens this fall. I love dark colours slightly more than pretty pastels and prefer to wear them, so the first thing on my wish list is to seek out a jumper in this colour like the one Tibi put down its runway. This "blood brown" colour was also seen on the runways of Tommy Hilfiger, Tory Burch, Emilio Pucci and many others.
Marsala is a hue that works really well with skin tones so it is going to be very popular in the beauty industry, whether it be a highlight for the cheeks or a captivating colour for your nails such as Essie's Bordeaux colour (a nail varnish I must have in my collection). 
Another way to wear this colour is in outwear as marsala defines sophistication and gives a glamorous touch to your winter wardrobe. ASOS have already shocked this colour in their Skater Coat that features a fur hood and buckles and Topshop have made the colour a base for jumpsuits and dresses so you can wear it on a night out or a posh meal. 
Marsala can also work for interiors with Pinterest full of velvet chairs, bathroom walls and plush sofas all working with printed accessories or some copper. I loved this Victorian wallpaper from Designer Wallcoverings that is flocked and tone on tone. 

How will you wear Marsala this winter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.