Shane McAdams | Inspiration

Since I started my final project again (for the third time) a week ago I have tried to do nothing but draw everything that I can possible draw to eventually move on to working on fabric. I decided to research various fabrics and placements on prints and came across Shane McAdams, an American artist who's "work is about landscape in the broadest sense of the term".

His work is absolutely amazing and he uses materials I would never naturally think of using like ball pens with resin or sharpies. It is truly eye catching and has made me think a lot more about layering my work and working with effects to create something visually exciting and eye catching. 

His work was also featured in Matthew Williamson's Spring/Summer 2013 Ready-to-Wear collection which you can see here on Vogue. 

See more of his work on his website


Shane McAdam Pen Blow 74  2011 ball point pen and resin on panel 12 x 12 inches
Shane McAdams 2012 Synthetic Landscape 57 (Cropsey)
Shane McAdams 2012 Synthetic Landscape (Church)
Shane McAdams Sharpie Landscape 6  2013 Sharpie on paper 9 x 12 inches

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.