Spring / Summer 2015 Trends

The array of Spring / Summer trends have been extremely exciting to see being a printed textile designer. My favourite trend of florals are being abstracted (Chanel) and camouflaged (Topshop) next season, along with floral embellishment (Oscar de la Renta) and the 60's style Mary Quant look (Jeremy Scott).


The 60's and 70's is going to be a huge trend as seen at Roberto Cavalli, Jeremy Scott, Chanel and Saint Laurent. What is very inspirational for me is the print mix that is visually stunning at Stella McCartney and Preen. This is a trend I would like to try and practice after finishing my latest project.
Stripes and spots are back in once again but being re-developed by designers to be bigger and better next season.

It will be interesting, after researching more in-depth to Spring Summer 2015 trends, how the high street represent these trends within their brands and key stories. Plus, I look forward to working on some these prints myself with the new skills I learnt whilst on placement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.